We’ve just pushed out Update#1 to the game, which includes the following new features and content:
- 3rd-person camera view! Press LEFT BUMPER or C to change your camera view point once in a race (NB. This is only for non-VR users)
- 2 new race tracks added; Möbius Delta and Dead Zone Alpha
- 2 new music tracks added; Buzzooka and Rush by LabGrownMusic and Dan Page to accompany the new race tracks
- Multi-player lobby text chat; settle rivalries from the last race, or apologise for that particularly nasty bit of racing or just get the banter going (non-VR/VR modes supported)
- Track selection screen now shows first iteration of the track layout overlay
- Change your race craft from the race lobby; no more going back to the main menu screen!
- Split times; now you can see how far ahead, or behind, you are
- Changes to race track names: Asteroid Sprint is now Möbius Alpha, Dead Zone is now Dead Zone Delta, Processing Plant is now Processing Plant Delta. Alpha = Short, Theta = Medium, Delta = Long
- Volume levels and controls customisable in race lobby
- Various fixes, tweaks and improvements to multi-player, game code and engine stability
We hope you enjoy the new additions and changes. The next update will be coming in a few weeks to add more race tracks, more music tracks and possibly the following features: Speed classes, player ranking, leaderboards and more tweaks to the game mechanics. If you haven’t already, get the game now!